[OSFA] Employment Opportunity

FLOWERS Clayton A Clayton.A.FLOWERS at odot.state.or.us
Wed Oct 12 13:25:36 PDT 2016

Good Afternoon,

The following is sent on behalf of ODOT.

Announcement: ODOT16-0871oc
Accounting Technician 3 - Fuels Tax Accounting Tech
ODOT Central Services - Financial Services Branch
Salem

ODOT's Financial Services Branch, Fuels Tax Unit is recruiting for a full-time, permanent fuels tax accounting tech to help prepare and analyze fuel tax files.  Motor Fuels in Oregon are divided into two categories: Motor Vehicle and Aircraft Fuel (gasoline and gasoline blends), and Use Fuel (diesel, biodiesel, natural gas, propane).  Motor Vehicle Fuel Dealers, Use Fuel Sellers, Use Fuel Users are required to file reports and pay a per-gallon tax on fuel sold or used in Oregon.

The person in this position will help ensure that the fuels tax licensee files are correct, review and identify files that need accounting adjustments, further review, and/or need to be audited, complete desk audits, detail adjustments, calculate any additional charges or credits, and prepare audit reports.

We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background.  ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon.  We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us.  We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.

This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).

Effective November 1, 2016 Public Employee Retirement System (PERS) eligible SEIU represented employees will have their base salary increased by 6.95%. Upon PERS eligibility, SEIU employees pay the employee 6% contribution to PERS.

DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
*       Prepare and analyze fuels tax licensee files to determine if the file:
o       Needs no audit action.
o       Meets the criteria to be closes as inactive.
o       Needs a desk audit or
o       Needs to be referred to an auditor for further action.
*       Audit files using source documents - determine the amount of fuel handled and how much tax has been paid.
*       Request additional information from licensees when conducing desk audits.
*       Advise licensees to correct minor deficiencies that could result in additional charges during future audits.
*       Prepare adjustment schedules - calculate additional taxes, tax credits, late payment penalties, and interest charges.
*       Prepare an audit report summarizing your findings and the adjustments made to the account.
*       Explain the fuels tax law to members of the public and help licensees understand the status of their accounts.

For more information and/or to apply online:

https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon/jobs/1557679/accounting-technician-3-fuels-tax-accounting-tech

This opportunity closes at 11:59 pm on October 24, 2016.

Clay
Clayton Flowers, CGFM, OPMA
Financial Policy and Compliance Manager
503-986-3967
FAX 503-986-4141

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.