OSPS E-News ~ Year End Reminders

Wed Dec 3 16:34:03 PST 2008

Just a reminder about two critical year end issues.

Net Pay Negatives

OSPS has sent out the report of net pay negatives that didn't clear when November Run 1 was processed.  Accurately resolving these negatives is an important aspect of closing your payroll year.   Ensuring that you are prepared to do so is an important part of your year-end planning.  OSPS provides instructions in the Year-End Recommended Payroll Practice: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/practice/practiceyearend.pdf

Corrected W-2s

Another important part of your year-end planning is to be sure that you are prepared to quickly and accurately resolve any W-2 reporting errors that are discovered.   To help, OSPS is offering a 3 ½ hour course: Requesting a Corrected W-2 for a State Employee.  Because you told us that you wanted this training earlier in the year-end process, we have scheduled a session for December this year.  All of the information you need to register is on our training page: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/training.shtml

We will consider doing limited on-site sessions of this course for larger agencies if there is a need.  Please contact Katherine Bremser if you are interested.

Sharon McKeehan, Manager

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

DAS/State Controller's Division

155 Cottage Street NE,  U-50