OSPS E-News ~ Deadline Approaching to Register for December OSPS Classes

Wed Dec 10 09:20:02 PST 2008

The deadline for registering for the December OSPS classes is next
Monday, December 15, at 10:00 am.  If you have not already done so, go
to iLearnOregon to register:
https://ilearn.oregon.gov/Kview/CustomCodeBehind/base/login/login.aspx .
All state employees have now been added; so you should be able to use
your OR# to call up information for your profile.  Our web site has job
aids for creating an account and registering for a class:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/training.shtml#How_to_Register .

We have two classes next week.  On Tuesday, December 16, from 1:30 to
4:30, we are offering, for the first time, Retroactive Entries in OSPA.
It will be in the SFMS Conference Room, 1st Floor, Executive Building,
155 Cottage St. NE.  We will talk in general terms about research tools
and guidelines for deciding what entries to make.  We will then look at
some "real life" examples and talk about how to make the specific
entries.  The examples include adjustments to PERS, check reversals,
negative tax withheld, and PEBB adjustments.

On Wednesday, December 17, from 1:00 to 4:30, we are offering our annual
Requesting a Corrected W-2 for a State Employee, also in the SFMS
conference room.  From feedback we received last year, we decided to
give agency payroll a heads up by offering the first session before the
end of the year.  We will start with talking about why, when, and how to
request a corrected W-2.  Students will then break into small groups to
work on "real life" problems.  Last year's slides are on our web site:
http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/training.shtml#Previous_Training_Presenta
tions

Please contact Katherine Bremser (Katherine.Bremser at state.or.us or 503
378 6777 x295) if you have questions about classes.  If you have
questions about iLearnOregon, please contact Jeff Vidal at (503)
378-6329 or e-mail elms at state.or.us .

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services