OSPS E-News ~ Updated Recommended Practices and Form

Tue Nov 4 10:06:59 PST 2008

To prepare for year-end, we published the following revised Recommended
Practices to our web site last Friday:
Year-end
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/practice/practiceyearend.pdf>
Taxes, Reimbursements and Fringe Benefits
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/practice/practicetaxesfringebe
nefits.pdf>
Taxes, Corrected W-2 (W-2c)
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/pubs/practice/practicetaxesw2c.pdf>

The revisions to the Corrected W-2 practice included the changes that we
have made to the Request for Corrected W-2 (W-2c)
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/docs/processtools/corW2req.xls>
spreadsheet.  We have relabeled the social security columns and deleted
the PERS columns.  We have also implemented the requirement that you
have the payroll manager or supervisor sign the request if it changes
taxable income by $1,500 or more or corrects a W-2 for 2 to 3 years
prior.

Please contact Kathyron Parsons, OSPS Accountant, at (503) 378-6777 x243
or Kathyron.D.Parsons at state.or.us
<BLOCKED::mailto:Kathyron.D.Parsons at state.or.us>  if you have questions.

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator