OSPS E-News ~ OSPA Changes to Process Furlough Days

Mon Mar 2 08:06:26 PST 2009

Changes in OSPA

Furlough Hours Processing and Tracking

New Code

Code "LA" has been created to log furlough hours.   The code is
configured to protect the employee from loss of hours toward their
insurance contribution or loss of leave accruals.  The code will not
calculate PERS.

Code LA has been populated in Benefit Package table XX for use in
logging furlough hours for Executive and Management Service employees.
We will add the code to additional  benefit package tables if or when
needed.

Furlough code LA is not a true leave-without-pay code, so it doesn't go
in the LWOP field.  Be sure you enter it into the RG field.

Reporting

At present, the LA hours will show up on screens P430 and P435 as a
negative - much like GL.  Our plan is to modify LARS so that LA is
functional and can be accrued similar to PB.   It will take several
months to produce this functionality.   We will keep you posted on our
progress.

We are also working on a monthly report of all furlough hours used.  We
will provide that report at the same time we provide monthly leave
reports beginning with March pay period leave reports issued
approximately April 13, 2009.

Time Screen Display

Employees who use Online Daily Time will see the negative LA hours taken
at the bottom of the P004 screen.    Payroll staff who use the P003 to
data enter time will see the negative balance on that screen.

Check Stubs and Direct Deposit Statements

Employees who have taken furlough hours will see the negative hours on
the leave summary on their pay statements.

Please contact OSPS Help is you have any questions about processing
furlough transactions through OSPA.