OSPS E-News ~ Cost Reduction Directive Revisions

Fri Nov 13 15:54:53 PST 2009

DAS HRSD has updated several of their published furlough resources.  We
are passing on the summary of changes with a link to the online
resources.  HRSD staff will be presenting at the OSPS Payroll Forum on
Tuesday November 17, so that will be an opportunity for you to learn
more and/or ask questions.

________________________________

From: HRLIST Admin * DAS HRSD
Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 4:28 PM
To: hrmgr-net at listsmart.osl.state.or.us;
hrexec at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Cc: HARRA Scott * DO EXEC; KAUTZ Kristine M * DO EXEC; McKEEHAN Sharon E
* SCD OSPS
Subject: Cost Reduction Directive Revisions

HR Managers and Analysts:

HRSD revised the Cost Reduction Directive and accompanying documents
effective today, November 10, 2009. Please access these documents at:
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/HR/Reductions.shtml

We added Section 12 to the Directive to address furlough leave during
leaves of absence including FMLA/OFLA, workers' compensation, military
leave, and leave without pay.

We revised the Furlough ("MUTO") Obligation Chart. We removed the
examples because they created confusion. We added specific obligations
for new hires and separating employees (including employees planning to
retire). The footnotes have been revised to provide clarification. The
Labor Relations Unit secured agreement with SEIU and AFSCME on the
content of this chart.

We updated the Frequently Asked Questions document to include
clarification on the furlough obligation calculations and added a
question regarding employee movement between tiers (Section 5). We added
two questions regarding furlough scheduling (Section 6). In Sections
7-10, we added numerous questions and answers concerning the application
of furloughs during FMLA/OFLA, workers' compensation, leave without pay
and military leave.

Contact the Human Resource Management & Consultation or the Labor
Relations Unit if you have questions.