OSPS E-News ~ FW: FMLA/OFLA policy revision

Fri Jul 30 15:26:43 PDT 2010

I am forwarding the e-mail below at the request of our partners in DAS
HRSD HRMC. They would like input from payroll staff.

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
State Controller's Division
Department of Administrative Services
503-378-6777 ext. 295
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/
<http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/>
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

________________________________

From: FOREST Cynthia L * HRSD HRMC [mailto:cynthia.l.forest at state.or.us]

Sent: Friday, July 30, 2010 3:06 PM
Subject: FW: FMLA/OFLA policy revision

Your agency had the opportunity to review State HR Policy 60.000.15
Family and Medical Leave in May/June, 2010. Based on feedback and new
clarification in the law we have revised the policy again. As such we
are allowing a one week opportunity to look at the changes and make
comment. The policy was reformatted to include a shorter main policy
that applies to all FMLA and OFLA leave-types. Each leave-type is a
separate policy attachment. The policy also includes the reference
information to the US DOL's clarification of the definition of "son or
daughter" as it applies to an employee standing "in loco parentis" to a
child.

You can access the revised policy and the attachments at
http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/HR/hrmc.shtml#Policies_for_Agency_Review.

Please forward this information to all who assist in the administration
of Family and Medical Leave for your agency.

Tell us what you think about the new formatting by sending your agency's
compiled comments to Cindy Forest via email at
cynthia.l.forest at das.state.or.us or by fax at 503-373-7684 by August 6,
2010. If you have any questions please call Cindy Forest at 503-373-7062

Cindy Forest

DAS, Sr HR Management Consultant

503-373-7062

Data Classification: Level 1