OSPS E-News ~ Upcoming Changes to Direct Deposit/AccelaPay Form

Fri May 28 09:44:29 PDT 2010

Due to changes in NACHA* rules, OSPS is changing Form OSPS.99.08, Direct
Deposit Authorization.

We've worked with several agency representatives to develop this form.
Main changes include:

-- Removing AccelaPay enrollment from this form, and creating a new form
just for AccelaPay
-- New mandatory international transaction certification
-- Including a way for an employee to cancel one deposit and start
another on just one form
-- Including an "old" and "new" amount line
-- Reduce the form from four pages to one
-- Comply with new DAS-mandated template format
-- Simplify language to be plain-language whenever possible
-- Build the form based on the employee's ease of use

We plan to have both of these forms "live" on our Web site by Friday,
6/4/2010.  Please use up existing paper stock and if possible, hold off
on printing new forms until this goes live.

We will send another announcement once the forms are available on the
Web site.

OSPS wishes to thank payroll staff at DCBS, DHS, ODOT, Legislature, and
Corrections for their contributions to the success of this new form.

*NACHA is "NACHA-The Electronic Payments Association", formerly National
Automated Clearing House Association.  They establish operating rules
and business practices for the ACH Network.  (http://www.nacha.org/)

Oregon Statewide Payroll Services Staff
DAS State Controller's Division
Phone:  (503)378-6777     Fax:  (503)378-3518
OSPS Help Desk:  mailto:OSPS.Help at das.state.or.us

Visit Our Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS