OSPS E-News ~ OSPS Changes

Mon Jan 10 11:46:49 PST 2011

We are passing on this message from John Radford, Administrator, State
Controller's Division.

________________________________

Monday, January 10, 2011

Sharon McKeehan, Manager of our Oregon State Payroll Services section
within the State Controller's Division has announced her retirement
plans for June 30, 2011.  Sharon took the reigns of the Oregon State
Payroll System some 13 years ago coming to us from a well known Midwest
college.  Her leadership and the leadership she has cultivated with her
staff have moved OSPS forward in many ways over the years.  Her
commitment to the State of Oregon as well as the wonderful person she is
will be missed greatly.  She has managed the Oregon State Payroll System
with a high degree of management attention, integrity, and with a strong
leadership hand in customer service.  She and her staff have helped
build a high degree of confidence and trust in serving the payroll needs
of all involved.

This provided an opportunity for new leadership for OSPS and our own
Sandy Ridderbusch, SFMS Systems Management Manager has accepted this
terrific opportunity.  Sandy will be taking on the role of Manager of
OSPS.  She will slowly transition by participating in projects that will
span Sharon's departure date.  It is expected that Sandy will no longer
function in the SFMS Systems Management Manager role sometime during the
spring of 2011.  Sandy and Sharon have worked together for years and
this will allow for a smooth transition ensuring that system and service
planning, on-going projects and work processes will continue
uninterrupted.  From an agency and employee perspective the entire
leadership change process should be a non-event.  You will be able to
count on OSPS services without any interruption or noticeable
difference.

The challenge will be finding someone to fill the Systems Management
Manager position.  We plan to recruit for this position about a month
prior to Sandy's departure from SFMS.

John J. Radford

State Controller

155 Cottage Street NE, U-50

Salem, OR 97301-3969

503-378-3156 X226

Thank you for entrusting us to deliver low cost payroll, accounting, and
financial reporting services.

Enter to win a $25 Starbucks Card

Complete our Online Customer Service Survey at:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SCD_Feedback