OSPS E-News ~ Collective Bargaining Agreement Expirations

Fri Jul 1 08:48:35 PDT 2011

Good morning,

The State has advised the multiple unions representing State employees
that when the current collective bargaining agreements expire, they will
not be extended.  Effective with the July 1, 2011 payroll, the State
will not deduct payments from employees who are "fair share"
contributors to the union.  For all employees who are full members,
their membership dues deduction payments will continue through payroll
deductions.

OSPS is working with DAS Labor Relations to identify affected CBA units
so we may zero out employee fair share deductions beginning with the
July 2011 pay period.  This change will not be done in OSPA until just
prior to preliminary run 1.  We will provide a list of the collective
bargaining units that have had their fair share deductions turned off at
that time.

Wages, hours, current benefits (e.g. PERS, Insurances, etc.), step
increases, and leave accrual provisions remain in effect during this
period.  Please contact your agency Human Resources for questions
specific to a bargaining unit in your agency.

Thank you,
Sandy

Sandy Ridderbusch, Manager
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services