OSPS E-News ~ Payroll Crosswalks 11-13 Biennium and 11-12 Fiscal Year

Mon May 23 15:00:36 PDT 2011

MEMORANDUM

To:	Agency Fiscal, Accounting and Payroll Officers

From:	John Radford, Administrator State Controller's Division
	Sandy Ridderbusch, Manager Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

Date:	May 23, 2011

Subject:	Payroll Crosswalks 11-13 Biennium and 11-12 Fiscal Year

Setting Labor Cost Crosswalks for 11-13

For agencies who track their payroll labor costs for the 11-13 Biennium
and/or the 11-12 Fiscal Year, OSPS would be happy to enter the labor
cost changes for you.  To do so, we must have your instructions by
Thursday June 30, 2011.

Changes will be uploaded to the personnel system (PPDB), and then into
the OSPA.  Changes will be effective in both systems July 1, 2011, for
the payroll period July paid August 2011 (actual pay date 8/1/11)

Formatting Your Request

Please use the following format for your requested changes.  Please do
not insert spaces or hyphens between numbers.

12 digit cost structure consists of 2-digit Appropriation Year(Y), 5
digit PCA (P) and 5-digit Index (I)

Old 12 digit cost structure a New 12 digit cost structure

Example:     YYPPPPPIIIII  a YYPPPPPIIIII

We are also able to process biennial indicator "blanket changes":

Example:	11XXXXXXXXXX a 13XXXXXXXXXX

If your request is simply to change the biennial indicator from 11 to 13
on all employee records, you may make that request in an e-mail.  If you
have a number of cost structure changes to be made, our preference is to
have them in an Excel spreadsheet attached to your e-mail.  In either
case, please include your agency name and number, contact name and phone
number and send this information to sandy.ridderbusch at state.or.us.

Default Process

OSPS will send a reminder on or about June 20 about the deadline for
submitting crosswalks for 11-13.  If we have not received information or
instructions from your agency by the deadline June 30, 2011, we will set
up a default crosswalk to change the biennial indicator from 11 to 13 on
all payroll labor cost numbers.

If you have any questions about this process, please contact Sandy
Ridderbusch at (503) 373-0198.

Thank you.

Note:  In order to save copy and distribution costs we are sending out
this notice over several e-mail networks.  If you receive multiple
copies of this message, we apologize.