OSPS E-News ~ Follow Up / November Deferred Comp Issue

Tue Dec 18 12:40:03 PST 2012

Good afternoon,

This is a follow up to a prior e-news regarding a Deferred Comp transaction issue from November Run 2.  (See below for original e-news.)

PERS Oregon Savings Growth Plan (OSGP) has identified 17 employees who had plan changes affecting their Deferred Compensation contributions during the November Run 2 payroll processing.  OSGP is working with their programmers to make the changes necessary to avoid this issue going forward.

They are also working directly with the employees affected to see if they want to leave the deferred compensation deductions as was processed on November Run 2 or if they want the original contribution amounts re-run in November as correctives.

If the employee chooses to have the November corrective processed you will be contacted by OSGP with direction on what to do in OSPA for December Run 1 processing.  It is important to put these correctives into the November pay period in order to ensure accurate 2012 W-2 processing for these employees.

If you have any questions about this message, or anything else, please contact our Help Desk at 503.378.6777 '0' or by e-mail osps.help at state.or.us<mailto:osps.help at state.or.us>.

Thank you,
Sandy

Sandy Ridderbusch, Oregon Statewide Payroll Services - (503) 373-0198
Visit Our Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/

From: osps-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [mailto:osps-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 3:28 PM
To: OSPS News (Osps-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us)
Subject: OSPS E-News ~ November Run 2 Problem with DCNN

Hello everyone,

There is an issue with the processing of the OSGP Deferred Compensation Catch Up deductions (DCNN 600) and the Regular Plan deductions (DCNN 100) in OSPA.  On the transactions interfaced as "changes" some of the plan codes went from 100 to 600 or from 600 to 100 on employee P070 Payroll Deduction screens.  The ones that went from 600 to 100 became subject to the OSPA maximum deduction limits.  A few exceeded these limits and the deduction amounts were reduced on November Run 2.

We, our programmers, and OSGP are working urgently to identify the issue in order to correct the employee deduction records.  Please do not make any changes in OSPA to any DCNN P070 deductions at this time.  We will let you know as soon as we have identified the solution and what, if any, steps will need to be taken.

Please bear with us as we work with OSGP to remediate this situation.

Sincerely,
Sandy

Sandy Ridderbusch, Manager
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services