OSPS E-News ~ FW: Please Read! – System Update – HEM Incentive Issues

Fri Dec 21 13:29:46 PST 2012

Good afternoon,

We are forwarding PEBB’s update from this morning, in case you did not receive it.

Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published

From: PDB Administration * PEBB [mailto:pdb.administration at state.or.us]
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 9:36 AM
To: PDB Administration * PEBB
Cc: HASSOUN Ali H * PEBB; BOUGHTON Amy S * PEBB; BAROTT Barbara * PEBB; GARCIA Cinciri A * PEBB; JESSUP Cynthia L * PEBB; 'LORETZ Kathleen * PEBB'; DOMI Mevlude * PEBB; MARTINEZ Miriam * PEBB; WHITE-GALLARDO Sandy * PEBB; SHEEHAN Sharon * PEBB; DAILY-ZORNADO Terry * PEBB; ANGELL Timmie A * PEBB
Subject: Please Read! – System Update – HEM Incentive Issues

Hello,

An issue was found yesterday with the Providence Plan Default file. Out of the 10,892 records that needed to be processed due to non-completion of the Health Assessment, only 3,813 records were processed. The issue has been resolved and the rest of the Providence file as been processed in PDB to move members to the higher deductible plan.

OSPS: You will see more rejections. We will be looking into why so many records are rejecting and not updating p070 and p050 as it should be. Please continue to work on your rejections to ensure both PDB and p070 are in sync.

PEBB is currently sending out reports for your agency to identify:

1.    Which of your employees should receive a HEM incentive for 2013 due to current status in PDB

2.    Which of your employees defaulted to the higher deductible medical plan due to no action during Open Enrollment.
More reports are scheduled to go out as soon as we have them available.

We are aware of a few issues with the HEM incentive:

New Hires

ISSUE: PDB Member Module is allowing newly eligible employees when enrolling online to select the 2013 HEM participation.

DIRECTION: Please have these newly eligible employees select “YES” to HEM. If the employees select “NO”, they will not be given any tiers to select and will need to go back and select “YES” to HEM to move forward.

RESOLUTION: PEBB will allow the newly eligible employees selecting HEM participation to receive the incentive, until we are able to run a process to remove the incentive prospectively. (Employees will not repay the incentive payment). We are hoping to secure additional resources with our programmers to complete this task by 1/11/13. You will receive additional detailed information soon.

Duel PEBB Covered members participating in HEM

ISSUE: Duel PEBB covered members participating in HEM will be receiving an incentive per each person.

RESOLUTION: PEBB will manually review the duel PEBB covered members to identify which individual will keep the incentive and which individual will have the incentive removed. PEBB will use the same process as above to remove the incentive indicator prospectively. (Employees will not repay the incentive payment) We hope to have this task completed by 1/11/13. You will receive additional detailed information soon.

Agency Module is not allowing you to enroll prospectively (receive error message):

ISSUE: The system is not allowing prospective “New” enrollments. This means that you will receive an error message when trying to prospectively enroll a new employee if you click on a “new” plan link in PDB.

DIRECTION: For New hires, please encourage them to enroll online. If members are unable to enroll online, please send the form to PEBB in one of the below methods:

1.   Fax to 503-378-1654 (please do not ask for confirmation from PEBB – set up your fax to send you confirmation that it was sent ok);or

2.   Scan and email to PEBB Inquiries; or

3.   Scan and email to PDB Administration

Please use only one of the methods above for faster results.

RESOLUTION: Once the issue is corrected, PEBB will re-test. PEBB may ask some you to help by testing the system to ensure the issue is resolved before moving it to production.

We appreciate your patience transitioning into 2013.
Thank you!!

Miriam Martinez
Public Employees' Benefit Board
Senior Systems Analyst