OSPS E-News ~ FW: OSPS Datamart changes

Fri Jun 8 09:40:31 PDT 2012

Good morning,

Please see information below on upcoming OSPA Datamart changes to the Leave Accrual Table.

Thank you,
Sandy

Sandy Ridderbusch, Oregon Statewide Payroll Services - (503) 373-0198
Visit Our Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS

From: datamart-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us [mailto:datamart-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of WALLACE Aaron * SCD SARS
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2012 4:17 PM
To: datamart-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: [Datamart-News] OSPS Datamart changes

The Datamart team is continually working to provide all Datamart users with the best possible information. Recently, we held some Datamart 'Functionality' meetings, which included many different users'. During these meetings there were various requests to update the OSPS Datamart in many valuable ways. I am pleased to announce a few requests are now complete.

Listed below, are a few of the changes, which will go into effect this weekend and be available for view, within the OSPS Datamart, on June 11, 2012.

1)     A new field called 'Lv Adj Comment' is being added to the OSPS 'Lv Accrual' table, within the Datamart.

a.     The field comes from the P435 Employee Leave Data Screen.

b.     It will only have data populated for the March May Pay Period forward (if there was data to report). We do not have the capability to bring in prior data.

2)     The current field 'Lv Liability Amt' within the OSPS 'Lv Accrual' table is expanding its' character length from 7 to 9.

To make sure that these changes happen within your currently created queries, you must complete a 'Sync with Database' process. To accomplish this task you simply complete the following:

1-     Open your bqy document.

2-     Click on the query section, which needs updated.

3-     Select the 'DataModel' menu, then click 'Sync with Database'.

4-     Log into your oce, if not already complete.

5-     Two possible pop up message's will appear and you will click 'ok' to close the message.

a.     No changes message: 'Data Model hasn't been changed.'

b.     One or more changes: It will list the changes. You can review them and then close the message window.

Thanks and enjoy,

Aaron Wallace
Sr. Datamart Business Analyst
Department of Administrative Services
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published