OSPS E-News ~ Updates to OSPS On-line Resources

Thu Sep 27 15:59:48 PDT 2012

To Our Payroll Related Professionals,

Probably a lot of you have already noticed; but, just in case, we have published the 2013 Processing Calendar: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/docs/processtools/2013cal.pdf

We have also posted the October Training News: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/SCD/OSPS/Pages/training.aspx
This month's issue includes October Training, National Save 4 Retirement Week resources, the first year-end reminders and exceptions to the PEBB pre and post-tax deductions.

In addition, we have posted the Reference Manual Payroll Process for PEBB Benefits with updates for plan year 2012: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/docs/pubs/process/ProcessPEBB.pdf
I apologize for its lateness. With these changes and the small number of changes for plan 2013, I expect to have the 2013 updates done soon after the beginning of the year.

You may notice some slight differences in the organization to the PEBB document. When we divided the reference manual between OSPA System Related Documents and Payroll Processes Using OSPA, we decided to move from entry guides, recommended practices and handbooks to one kind of document - payroll processes. We then combined and re-organized the standard content categories from the original documents. We hope this approach will make it easier to find the information you need. We will gradually migrate existing documents to the new format when they come up for review. If you have feedback, please send it to Katherine.Bremser at das.state.or.us<mailto:Katherine.Bremser at das.state.or.us> or OSPS.help at das.state.or.us<mailto:OSPS.help at das.state.or.us> .

Enjoy!
Katherine Bremser
Training Coordinator
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
Financial Business Systems
Enterprise Goods and Services
Department of Administrative Services
503-373-0738
Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/
Data Classification: Level 1 - Published