OSPS E-News ~ FW: FMLA Workgroup

Thu Aug 8 14:59:14 PDT 2013

The following information is being forwarded at the request of the DAS Chief Human Resource Office:

To:                  Payroll Personnel
                       Human Resource Personnel
From:              Chief Human Resource Office

Please forward this email to staff that work with Family and Medical Leave administration.

The Chief Human Resource Office is setting up a temporary workgroup to examine State HR Policy 60.000.15 Family and Medical Leave, the attachments, the toolkit and changes under state law and federal regulations.

To be a part of this workgroup we ask that individuals be in human resources, payroll, and other designated personnel who regularly work with Family and Medical leave administration. It is preferred we have participants from both large and small agencies.

The commitment will involve:

1.     Reviewing and responding to documents provided by the CHRO or the workgroup

2.     Attending up to three workgroup meetings (likely in Salem) over the next few months

3.     May co-lead or assist with one FMLA/OFLA information gathering session

4.     The commitment will end upon implementation of the updated policy, no later than December 31, 2013.

If you have questions or would like to participate in the work group, do not respond to this email. Instead email the CHRO Policy Section at: HRMC.Policy at das.state.or.us<mailto:HRMC.Policy at das.state.or.us>

Thank you in advance for your willingness to participate or cheer along the workgroup from the sidelines!

Cindy Forest
Senior HR Consultant
DAS, Chief Human Resource Office
503-373-7062

Data Classification: Level 2 and 3

*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.