OSPS E-News ~ FW: New Repository files

Fri Nov 22 09:20:42 PST 2013

Forwarded on behalf of the Datamart Team:

I want to thank those few brave users who sent in their Hyperion files. I was able to review, update, and load these files to the 'Repository'. I highly recommend you check them out.

New File list:
OSPS - XREF96 - This is a representation of the XREF96 - Cost Distribution report. It's a report that shows how payroll costs are allocated to the different object codes.
OSPS -Time And Leave Balances - This is an upgrade and replacement to the previous 'OSPS - Monthly Timesheet' Repository file. There are two queries within the file and they provide a timesheet by employee, as well as, leave balance information for a pay period.
OSPS - FMLA/OFLA Hrs Used - This is an upgrade and replacement to the previous 'OSPS - Payroll FMLA' Repository file. This file returns FMLA/OFLA hours used within a 12-month rolling period.
OSPS - VOE - This file provides a salary breakdown for 'Verification of Employment' requests. The file's two queries provide a full view of the Datamart.
OSPS - OSHA 300 - This file is used to provide counts to HR for annual OSHA report.
OSPS - LAR Report - This file, if run monthly, will provide 'Leave Accrual Report' data for managers in a spreadsheet format.
OSPS - PERS LWOP Report - This file provides what hours are used and how much money is paid for a month when PERS requests salary breakdowns.

As you may have noticed, I only received queries from OSPS users. However, I would love to see more files come in, especially from RSTARS users.

Please send in any queries/files you think could help. Even if you are not 100% sure they are the best queries, I am willing to work on them for you and make sure they are of the highest standards. Together we can create a great product for many users to enjoy.

If you have any suggestions for improvement to the current Repository reports, please let me know by emailing 'Datamart.Support at state.or.us'.

Thanks for all your submissions,
Aaron Wallace
Sr. Datamart Business Analyst

From: Datamart-News [mailto:datamart-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Datamart Support
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 3:00 PM
To: datamart-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:datamart-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: [Datamart-News] Call for new Repository files

The Datamart team is always on the lookout for new queries, which we could share on a statewide level. We are able to share files by using the 'Repository'(Instructions: http://cms.oregon.egov.com/DAS/EGS/FBS/Pages/datamart.aspx#Reports_Repository), which all Datamart users have access. However, we are unable to provide you with new reports unless experts, such as yourselves, send us these files.

I am asking for any and all queries that we might be able to share on a statewide level. We are looking for files that pull 'Cash balances', 'Accounts Receivables', 'Accounts Payable', Grants, Budget, Payroll, or other. We will accept anything that is not currently on the 'Repository'.

Currently, on the 'Repository', we have 35+ files ready for your use. However, I want to really increase that number but again I cannot do that without your help.

I am willing to work with you to put these files on the 'Repository', so that many people can benefit from your expertise. Please go out to the 'Repository' and view what we currently have, then send in any queries that could expand our topics.

Thanks for your help,