OSPS E-News ~ FW: IR Studio (update)

Thu May 7 09:25:47 PDT 2015

Please see Datamart message below.

Thank you,
Sandy

Sandy Ridderbusch, Oregon Statewide Payroll Services Manager - (503) 373-0198
Visit Our Online Resource Center: http://oregon.gov/DAS/EGS/FBS/OSPS/

From: Datamart-News [mailto:datamart-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Datamart Support * DAS
Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2015 7:29 AM
To: datamart-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:datamart-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: [Datamart-News] IR Studio (update)

Datamart users,

It has come to our attention that the Brio/Hyperion/IR Studio application has received an end of life status from Oracle. What this means is that in April 2018, the product will no longer be supported.  Upgrades to operating systems either at the server or desk top level could render the tool inoperable once it's not supported.  With this news, DAS has decided to be proactive and start looking for a replacement product that will suite Datamart users' needs statewide. Because the state will have to purchase an entirely new product, the Datamart unit is starting an RFI (Request for Information) to find out what products are available as a suitable replacement. This process will take some time and we ask for your patience. Please remember that we are constantly working hard to satisfy all Datamart users.

I understand that a lot of agencies have many business critical processes in place that rely on the IR Studio product. However, as long time users of the application, you will not have to change your current processes until we move to the new product. You will be able to continue to use the application throughout the time of transition. DAS is continuing to keep the Enterprise license in place and be in good standing with the maintenance agreement.

We want all Datamart users to be involved in the process of making the new product a great success. This is why we are setting up a Datamart User Group meeting on June 17 in the Employment Auditorium from 1:30pm - 3:30pm. We would like users to think of potential improvements that would help the new product going forward. To clarify, these improvements should be items that are not available in the current product. In addition, please bring any other questions and/or comments to the meeting, so that we can keep everyone informed.

Thanks,
Aaron Wallace
Sr. Datamart Business Analyst