OSPS E-News ~ Leave Accrual Issue - Benefit Package XX

Wed Sep 16 09:00:50 PDT 2015

Good Morning Payroll Professionals,

We are aware that certain individuals in Benefit Package XX (management/executive service) did not correctly accrue Vacation Leave in the August leave accrual run.  Upon investigation we found that an error occurred during a planned change to that benefit package.  This caused the controls for VA  VACATION-LC6 and VA  VACATION-LC7 to disappear just prior to the leave accrual run.  Those employees in XX with Vacation accrual code of 6 or 7 did not receive their correct accrued vacation leave for August.

OSPS, and our dedicated programming staff, are working to identify all individuals affected and will work with agencies to rectify the situation.  We anticipate that we will be able to run a mass upload to restore the missing hours for most everyone.  A few employees that had mid-month accrual code changes will need to be managed manually.  OSPS will work directly with the agencies that have employees in this category.

Please do not make any P435 vacation accrual adjustments without first contacting OSPS so that we do not duplicate the leave adjustments for your employees.

We will send up a follow up E-News once we have more information and have restored the missing hours to the affected employees.  If you have any questions please contact the OSPS Help Desk at 503-378-6777 option 0.

I apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Sincerely,

Sandy Ridderbusch, Manager
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
DAS / Enterprise Goods and Services