OSPS E-News ~ FW: HRIS Project Update

Thu Apr 28 16:36:13 PDT 2016

Forwarded on behalf of DAS CHRO.

The Human Resource Information System (HRIS) project is in full swing! In February, CHRO Madilyn Zike received an endorsement from the Legislative Fiscal Office to continue with the HRIS project for the enterprise. This allowed Madilyn to make a request with Ways and Means for funding through the rest of the biennium, June 2017. We were given enough expenditure limitation to keep us going through May and hope to receive the remaining limitation at the Emergency Board in May.

RFP news. We have worked closely with KPMG, our external project consultants, on refining the Request for Proposal (RFP). KPMG brought industry experts to the table that have worked as contract consultants and Systems Integrators in the public arena. KPMG has provided great information regarding what we should expect from potential solutions.  The RFP will ask for both an HRIS software solution and a Systems Integrator that will be responsible for the implementation.  We expect the RFP to be released in late May or early June.

New project team members. In March, we rotated a few new faces to the HRIS project's Business Team, the team of Subject Matter Experts focused on this effort.

*         Jay Wayland, from the Department of Consumer and Business Services joined on 3/15.

*         Jeff Vidal and Jennifer Schierling from the Department of Administrative Services joined on 3/29.

*         In June Dan Jones from Oregon Parks and Recreation, Tracy Posey and Sharon Steele from Oregon Department of Transportation, and Sue Williams and Shilo Muller from Department of Human Services will join the team.

Read our attached introduction to the role of the HRIS Business Team members so you know which SME you may want to connect with for information or questions.

New location for project team. We recently moved to a new location where the entire project team will eventually be housed. Because the PPDB systems team is critical to the success of the HRIS project-the HRIS project staff will lean on the PPDB team significantly throughout the project-they moved from the DAS Executive Building to our new facility as well.  Our new location, which we've dubbed the Enterprise Projects Building, is located at 1177 Center Street, NE in Salem (former location of the Real Estate Agency).

Next steps. In May and June we will refine our business requirements for the RFP, release the RFP, and prepare the legacy data for loading into a new system.

Training on the basics of change management will occur at our upcoming HR Community event. Please mark your calendars for June 8, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m. (potluck lunch) and watch for more details. We hope you will join us!

Questions? Email Twyla Lawson, Business Change Manager, HRIS Project, CHRO, DAS

Twyla Lawson, SPHR/SHRM-SCP
Business Change Manager, HRIS Project<http://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Pages/HRIS.aspx>
Office of the Chief Human Resources Officer, DAS<http://dasapp.oregon.gov/statephonebook/display.asp?agency=10700&division=00110>
503-949-4634 - C