OSPS E-News ~ FW: HRIS Project Update

Mon Aug 8 12:12:55 PDT 2016

Forwarded on behalf of DAS CHRO.
________________________________
Subject: HRIS Project Update
PROCUREMENT OPEN
On July 14 the state released the request for proposal (RFP) for the HRIS Project. This is a key milestone in the project's progress.  A team of business and technical subject matter experts have been carefully selected and are prepared to represent state government in the extensive proposal evaluation process.  The RFP is expected to result in the selection of a robust human resource information system along with an experienced systems integrator.  Upon approval of our funding request in the 2017 session, the state will begin implementation of the new system in the 17-19 biennium.
Now that the RFP is open, it is incredibly important that any and all vendor contacts related to the new HR system be directed to Kimberly.LEEKER at oregon.gov<mailto:Kimberly.LEEKER at oregon.gov> as she is the Single Point of Contact for this RFP.  A visual of the procurement timeline is provided below.
 [cid:image001.jpg at 01D1F16C.9E4FD8D0]
FUNCTIONALITY UPDATE
The HRIS Project will replace the functionality existing today in PPDB and PICS (our legacy HR and position budgeting systems).  However, this project is far more than replacing our current statewide HR systems.  Agencies are forced to track HR information via paper, spreadsheets and isolated databases for many different reasons; this requires users to have multiple screens open or documents available, remember multiple usernames and passwords, maintain redundant systems, etc.
This project also is about gaining desperately needed statewide systems where none exist today.  The enhanced functionality is expected to provide a self-service portal for employees and managers and include streamlined business processes allowing agencies the ability to more efficiently and effectively manage HR and position budgeting information.  A visual of the overall functionality we desire to gain for the state is provided below.
[cid:image003.jpg at 01D1F16C.9E4FD8D0]
The project's vision is to provide a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) that meets the business needs of the users by delivering comprehensive functionality, valuable reporting, increased efficiency, improved risk management, remaining relevant with a robust self-service function.
If you have questions or would like additional information you can view our project website at https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Pages/HRIS.aspx or contact us at CHRO.HRIS at Oregon.gov<mailto:CHRO.HRIS at Oregon.gov>