OSPS E-News ~ AFSCME Report

Thu Aug 25 14:03:00 PDT 2016

A follow up with some instructions provided by AFSCME:

Here are some instructions:

If a person is on the list with an M next to their name they are now a Member.
If a person is on the list with an F next to their name they are Fair Share.
If a person is on the list with a C next to their name it stands for Cancellation.  This means that we have inactivated them from the local in our database.  (This could be due to them terminating their employment, going into a non-represented position or going to another AFSCME represented agency.)
If a person is on the list with a Y under the PAC column and there is an amount listed then they are now contributing that amount to PEOPLE per pay period.
If a person is on the list twice it is because one record is saying they are now a member and the other record is saying they are now contributing to PEOPLE.

Per the signed Letter of Agreement between DAS and AFSCME we no longer have to send the membership/PEOPLE cards to the Agencies.  This report is now all that will come.

From: OSPS-News [mailto:osps-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2016 10:31 AM
To: osps-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: OSPS E-News ~ AFSCME Report

Hello Payroll Professionals,

The AFSCME monthly report is now out on the agency web reports.  It is called AFSCME Monthly Membership and PAC Changes' and is under the Preliminary Run 1 section. This information was being sent out by paper to each agency and AFSCME worked with OSPS to send these reports electronically, similar to the SEIU report.  This report will be generated with the Prelim Run 1 reports.

Here's a screen shot.
[cid:image001.png at 01D1FED9.62C0DCE0]

The online report should be reviewed and is now your method for updating/changing AFSCME deduction codes on the P070.

If you have trouble accessing this report please contact the HelpDesk.  if you have questions about the people on the report then please contact AFSCME.

Thank you,

Geri Greeno-Sanders
OSPS Senior System Analyst
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
(503) 373-0259 - direct
(503) 378-3518 - fax
geri.l.greeno-sanders at oregon.gov<mailto:geri.l.greeno-sanders at oregon.gov>
www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx<http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx>