OSPS E-News ~ OSPA security enhancement

Tue May 31 13:58:03 PDT 2016

Payroll professionals,

Starting on June 1st, the DAS SFMA-OSPA security form is changing for OSPA requests.  OSPS has developed 'User Type Templates' which are similar to 'User Class Templates' for R*Stars.  Current users of OSPA should see no change to their access during this transition.

The process for requesting security for new users will remain the same; agency security officers will submit the form for access to OSPA to DAS SARS Security, and agency payroll managers will submit the form to request access to ePayroll and electronic reports to the OSPS helpdesk.

The security request form will be updated tomorrow on the DAS SARS Security website located here-http://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Acctng/Pages/Syst-security.aspx.

You can also find a new reference guide, 'Introduction to OSPA security' on our website which will take you through the different user types that have been developed.  A link to the new reference guide can be found here http://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Payroll/Documents/Introsecurity.pdf.
There will only be a few agency specific user types for timekeepers, payroll techs, and view only.  If a user type is not fitting your agency's needs have the Payroll manger contact the OSPS Help Desk.  We anticipate adding more user types and will rely on agencies communicating their specific needs.

If you have any questions about this or anything else please contact our Help Desk at 503.378.6777 '0' or by email osps.help at oregon.gov<mailto:osps.help at oregon.gov>.

Thanks,

Seth Lewis
Manager
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
503.373.0198 - direct
503.378.3518 - fax
seth.lewis at oregon.gov<mailto:seth.lewis at oregon.gov>
Visit Our Online Resource Center:  State of Oregon: Oregon Statewide Payroll Services<http://www.oregon.gov/das/Financial/Payroll/Pages/Index.aspx>