OSPS E-News ~ FW: LWOP Reporting Update

Wed May 17 10:49:07 PDT 2017

The following is being forwarded on behalf of the Centralized PERS Team.

From: DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team [mailto:das_centralized_pers_services_team-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of TOBIASSON Shauna M * DAS
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 10:47 AM
To: das_centralized_pers_services_team at listsmart.osl.state.or.us
Subject: [DAS_Centralized_PERS_Services_Team] LWOP Reporting Update

Good afternoon,

As we approach the end of May, we have begun receiving reports back from agencies along with a lot of great questions about the LWOP reporting process.

Here are some clarifying statements about this process that may be helpful to you:

*         The list you receive from CPERS includes only employees that had 88 or more hours of LWOP coded in the month. This is because 88 hours or more is what PERS considers "the greater portion of the month" and if an employee misses less than 88 hours, we do not need to report those hours to PERS as service credit would not be impacted. If you feel someone has been missed, please add them along with an explanation in the comments section.

*         When listing the dates of LWOP, no need to break for days off. Example, if someone works Mon-Fri and was gone for two weeks, then this can be listed as one block i.e.; 1/1-1/14.

We have made some minor design changes to the spreadsheet layout and instructions that we hope will alleviate some of the confusion we've encountered this quarter. I have attached the changes here for your viewing. The next quarter report you receive will be in this format.

Thank you to those of you who have sent your reports in already. If you are still working on yours, please don't hesitate to email or call your CPERS Analyst at Central PERS Services Team * DAS Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov<mailto:Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov> with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,

Shauna Tobiasson
Senior Retirement Services Analyst
Centralized PERS Services Team
DAS Enterprise Goods and Services
Phone: (503) 378-6372
FAX: (503) 378-4596
Website: http://www.oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: All information in this e-mail, including attachments, is approved solely for delivery to and authorized use by intended recipients. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message and/or any of its attachments by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient of this message or an authorized assistant to an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.

SL2