OSPS E-News ~ FW: Member Statements ***New Process & action required by August 2018****

Mon May 7 10:32:37 PDT 2018

The following is being forwarded on behalf of the Centralized PERS Team.

Greetings from Centralized PERS Services Team!

I have enclosed the PERS Employer Newsletter for May 2018 below. Some important things I'd like to draw your attention to in regards to member annual statements that are being mailed out in  this month.

Included with annual statements is an insert encouraging employees to make sure their date of birth is correct on their statement. This is critical since 2018 IAP investments are based on their birth year.

Now, you may be wondering how this impacts you as payroll and HR, besides the possible increase in change requests. Currently the CPERS file that picks up data from PPDB and OSPA does not have a way to capture date of birth changes, so any edits will need to be reported to us manually.

We are asking that those of you responsible for processing date of birth changes begin keeping a spreadsheet of all changes. We would like these tracked starting now through close of July 2018 payroll (August 9, 2018.) We are hoping that is enough time to capture the majority of changes generated by this annual statement reminder. I have attached a spreadsheet template for your use.

In August, please send the spreadsheet to Coleen Hogan via email to Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov<mailto:Central.PERSServicesTeam at oregon.gov> . Coleen will compile all of the changes and report them to PERS manually.

We recognize this is an extra step in your already busy day, and we appreciate your commitment to doing this process. Changes in legislation will impact earnings based on birth year so it is very critical that we are making sure birth dates are entered accurately in the system upon hire. If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact me or Coleen directly.

PS. There is an option to receive text alerts too! Hooray for technology!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D3E5ED.C6407800]<http://www.oregon.gov/pers/EMP/Documents/Employer-Publications/Employer-Newsletters/2018/Employer_Newsletter_May_2018.pdf>

Thank you,
Shauna Tobiasson
Senior Retirement Services Analyst