OSPS E-News ~ Workday transition update - it is here!

Mon Feb 11 10:06:40 PST 2019

Payroll professionals,

As of today OSPA is officially setup to receive information from Workday.  If you are wanting OSPA to process any January related transactions (not already in OSPA) for January run 2 today is the last day to get those entries completed in Workday.  After today January entries can still be done in Workday/OSPA and you would go through the normal process of setting a corrective, requesting a manual check or letting the correction run with February run 1.  REMEMBER:  OSPA and ePayroll are not changing.

On Saturday position numbers in OSPA and ePayroll were changed to what Workday has as that number will be unique in Workday.  We also migrated a few other changes in OSPA.  See the attached slides from a forum presentation which speaks to these changes.

If your agency gets data extracts from OSPA then they will show the new WD positon number and no longer include those data elements from slide 1 of the attachment.

Workday is setup to send data to OSPA nightly instead of real time as PPDB did.  Entries must be completed by 3pm each day for that information to be sent to OSPA in the nightly file.  Agencies can request an ad-hoc run to send data over sooner than each night; agency HR shops will need to work with the Workday Help Desk to initiate those ad-hoc runs.

This is the message in Workday currently directed towards HR roles.
________________________________
IMPORTANT for HR Roles: The Workday Oregon team strongly recommends you to limit daily payroll-related entries (such as new hires, terminations and job changes)

-          Focus on January actions first, followed by any with current or past effective dates. Remember these types of actions will not allow an effective date prior to 1/1/2019.

-          Partner with Workday Oregon and your agency's Payroll on all retroactive actions effective 2/1/2019 or earlier. Actions keyed effective before 2/1/2019 will be double-checked by system experts before being released to the Payroll system. (View a QRG for more information).

-          We want to gradually increase the number of actions going to OSPA during the first week of production.

________________________________
What that means is anything prior to 1/1/2019 will need to be treated like a prior year adjustment in OSPA.  Payroll offices will have to do a manual calculation for any money owed to an employee and we recommend making those entries in the current pay period.

Also most payroll offices are used to receiving PA/turnaround information from HR offices as notification of new data coming into OSPA.  Workday has payroll reports that will tell you that information.  DAS OSPS is diving into those reports and will share what we learn about them this week.

We will be sending updates as we are able during this week for any Workday related impacts to payroll offices.  If you  have any questions please contact the OSPS Help Desk.

Also see attached guide for some general guidance for accessing Workday.

Thanks,

Seth Lewis
Manager
DAS/EGS/FBS/Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
503-373-0198, direct
503-378-3518, fax
503-378-6777, OSPS Help Desk
seth.lewis at oregon.gov<mailto:seth.lewis at oregon.gov>