OSPS E-News ~ FW: Workday transition update - it is here!

Fri Feb 22 09:04:04 PST 2019

Friday UPDATE:  this is a reminder that even though Workday is the HR system of record that all payroll offices still need to conduct business as usual in OSPA and ePayroll.

Specifically speaking - exception reports still need to be managed and worked.  If your agency has fatal errors related to the PERS pickup then research the employee and determine if OSPA (P010) or Workday needs to be fixed.

Also we have seen an issue when running the W-4 report out of Workday regarding additional withholding amounts either not being on the report or the Federal amount overriding the state amount.  We have sent a request to the Workday Help Desk to fix the report along with granting view access to both Federal and State W-4s and the ability to print them.

I would highly recommend if you are seeing add'l amounts on the report to reach out to the employee and confirm the amounts.

Seth Lewis
503-373-0198

From: OSPS-News [mailto:osps-news-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us] On Behalf Of Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application
Sent: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 9:13 AM
To: OSPS News (osps-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us) <osps-news at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: OSPS E-News ~ FW: Workday transition update - it is here!

Wednesday UPDATE:   the Workday team sent me an update regarding reports last night.  Each payroll partner should now see the following worklet icon on their home page, see the right hand side under 'Applications'.  As most of you have been adding the various reports to your favorites this icon should have all of them and a few more.  Also the attached is a general guide for adding or removing reports/tasks to your favorites so if you have not been using it this is a helpful tool to start.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D4C8FC.6E929140]
The next screen shot is what I have setup in my favorites so far.  The top one 'View Selected Additional Data' is a quick way to pull up an employee's RDC/PDC and what their position number was in PPDB.

[cid:image007.jpg at 01D4C8FC.6E929140]

Also if you select the 'Pay' worklet icon and select 'Withholding Elections' is where an employee (or you) would choose to fill out a federal and/or state W-4.  It currently defaults to 'No Tax Elections' for everyone until an employee updates it.  None of the current data in OSPA on the P010 was sent to Workday.  A current employee is not required to fill this out in Workday if you already have something on file for them.  I'm sure most of you are already seeing a wave of updates on your W-4 Workday report.

REMINDERS:  W-4 and direct deposit information does NOT feed into OSPA.  Workday is the system of record for protected leave (FMLA/OFLA) and entitlements.  OSPA is the system of record for leave balances.  Workday updates on the 15th of every month with leave balances from OSPA.  For example February 15 Workday updated based on January's leave accrual update (LARS) done in OSPA.

Seth Lewis
503-373-0198