OSPS E-News ~ Payroll replacement project - Take 10 volume 1

Fri Apr 24 16:13:36 PDT 2020

Payroll and HR community,

If your agency is not utilizing absence requests (protected leave and time off) in Workday then we encourage you to start that soon.  If your agency is utilizing other methods/applications for tracking absence requests and/or entering your time then this message may not be for your agency.  Please pass this message to your communication's office or equivalent to send to your agency's employees.  The message to employees should start at the 'INTRO:' part below.
________________________________

INTRO:

The Payroll and Time Tracking Replacement Project is another step forward in Oregon state government's modernization efforts. The project will result in automating manual practices and unifying business processes that payroll professionals and employees use daily.

After reviewing close to a thousand requirements put together by several agencies, along with additional testing done by the project team during our Fit Gap phase, it showed that our best option to meet our State's needs was Workday payroll and time tracking. The project Steering Committee approved of this solution (estimated to go live in late 2022 / early 2023) and state government will, for the first time, have one system for HR and payroll.

The Payroll and Time Tracking Replacement Project is excited to announce the start of our "Take 10" campaign. For this kickoff message we have partnered with the DAS Workday support team and Statewide Payroll.
[cid:image006.png at 01D618BB.47107460]

MESSAGE:
As we all adjust to our temporary normal of working from home, we believe that this is the perfect opportunity to "Take 10" minutes of your day to log into Workday and familiarize yourself with the current payroll and time tracking features. While you might be currently using a different system for payroll or time tracking, taking 10 minutes to familiarize yourself daily will greatly benefit you when Workday payroll and time tracking goes live.

To launch our "Take 10" campaign we have selected a few quick reference guides (QRG's) that show processes within Workday that we find especially useful as all of you look to account for your April time.

Absence, what you need to know<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Absence_Absence%20what%20you%20need%20to%20know.pdf>
What you need to know about absence and time off requests:
Time Off - vacation, sick, personal business, etc. Employee requests route to the Manager.
Absence - Family & Medical Leave (F&ML). Employee requests route to the Absence Partner.

Borrowed Leave Request, employee<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/GenNav_BorrowedLeaveRequestemployee_JA.pdf>
This job aid provides step by step instructions on how to request Borrowed Leave through Workday. If you would like to request donated leave, see the job aid Hardship Leave, request and donate<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Absence_HardshipLeaverequestingdonating_JA.pdf>.

Expanded Family and Medical Leave Act (EFMLA)<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/Absence_Expanded%20Family%20and%20Medical%20Leave%20%28COVID-19%29%20request_QRG.pdf>
This QRG goes over recording expanded FMLA (EFMLA), time off request (paid or unpaid leave), family medical leave and the absence calendar in Workday.

If you have questions...
Workday for absence requests:  contact your agency HR office
Payroll for time tracking:  contact your agency PR office

Questions about the Payroll & Time Tracking Replacement Project?  Email us at: OSPS.Workday at oregon.gov<mailto:OSPS.Workday at oregon.gov> (website coming soon)