OSPS E-News ~ PB rolling over and requesting PB for July or later

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Wed Jun 24 17:49:18 PDT 2020

Good Evening Payroll Professionals,

As you are aware, many employees' Personal Business leave balances are set to expire at June 30th.  Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, CHRO has worked with the various bargaining units and policy makers to allow for those leave balances to remain usable until December 31, 2020.  At that time, PB leave balances in excess of their June Accrual amount will be dropped.

For Executive Branch, this applies to SEIU, AFSCME, Unrepresented and Management Service Employees.  Legislative employees are also included.  Judicial employees' PB is based on a calendar year so there is no need to extend their timeframe.

Please also be aware that similar to last year, requesting Personal Business in work day for time off on July 1st or later will not be possible until "true" leave balance load into Workday after July 15th. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we look forward to the time that the payroll replacement project is complete and this is no longer an issue.

If you have further questions, please contact the OSPS Help Desk<mailto:OSPS.HELP at oregon.gov>.

Thanks,

Jason Robinson, CPA
OSPS Manager