OSPS E-News ~ E-FMLA and CXT

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Thu Sep 3 09:53:50 PDT 2020

Hello Payroll Professionals,

We've recently discovered that the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (the CXT code in our payroll system) has a soft limit of 400 hours. Just like regular FMLA, the E-FMLA has exceptions. We have removed the current limit from the system, but in its place we are creating an exception that will show up in your leave report E455 when an employee exceeds the 400 hours.

When someone at your agency shows up on this report, please work with your agency FMLA coordinator to make sure that the employee is allowed the appropriate amount of E-FMLA (CXT) hours.   We will send a follow up once we are ready to migrate this change to production along with the message that will appear on the exception report. Please note that anyone that has prematurely been limited by this 400 hour rule (that has now been removed), may need adjusting. We urge you to work with your agency FMLA coordinator to verify that the limitation was valid.

I want to also remind you that E-FMLA (CXT) has a two week preliminary period that is to be filled in by some other leave code. For example, if an employee has used CXT for the last three weeks of August, the two weeks before that would need a leave code with a 4 (SL4, etc.) or CV code.  Again, please work with your agency FMLA coordinator to make sure that the employee is using the appropriate leave codes on the appropriate days.

Thanks,

Jason Robinson, CPA
OSPS Manager
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
(971) 900-7688
Data Classification: Level 2 - Limited
http://oregon.gov/DAS/Financial/payroll/Pages/index.aspx
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity