OSPS E-News ~ PEBB Vaccine Incentive

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Fri Jul 9 09:50:11 PDT 2021

Payroll professionals,

We have been working feverishly to create and test the new Vaccine Incentive pay code, VIN, in time for July Run 1.  In partnership with PEBB, we have created a process that benefits both payroll offices and employees statewide.  PEBB will send us a file, for each Run 1 PRELIM, for the next 3 months. This helps avoid an increased workload for your payroll office, it keeps agencies from having to pay an extra check fee, and gets the incentive payment faster for those employees that have signed up early. The last file will be paid out on September Run 1, a cleanup file, which will include any employees who were not able to enroll by the deadline, but are still eligible for the incentive. Hopefully, this will help prevent agencies from having to manually make entries.

The decision was made by PEBB to pay the incentive to current employees at the time the file was processed. In other words, employees who enrolled for the incentive in July, but termed June 30 and prior will not be eligible for the incentive.  If an employee terms in July, August, or September and has not been paid the incentive and is eligible, agencies will need to get authority from PEBB to make the P050 entry, before the incentive can be included in their final check.

Best Regards,

Vangie Barizo
System Analyst
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services

From: BARIZO Evangeline * DAS
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 10:02 AM
To: osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Subject: PEBB Vaccine Incentive

Good morning,

PEBB has sent out a vaccine incentive program email this morning, so you may get a ton of questions from your customers.

To make life a little easier, we plan to do a mass upload of a newly created pay code, "VIN", for all eligible employees by July Run 2 on the P050.

In the PEBB FAQS attached to the email, PEBB has set an enrollment deadline date of July 31.  This could mean that every eligible employee who is not on the report in time for the mass upload will need to be entered by the agencies manually. We do know that eligibility must go through PEBB, which means that employees should not be coming to you after the deadline asking for the incentive.

We will keep you informed of any changes or additional information as it becomes available.

Thank you,