OSPS E-News ~ June payroll partner forum recap

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Mon Jun 21 08:38:57 PDT 2021

Good morning,

Attached are the slides from last week's payroll partner forum. The meeting was broken down into three sections.

1)      PERS Class plan changes: Shauna let the group know that she and the current Workday HCM support team are working to update the state's PERS Class Plan codes.  The state is moving from 26 to 38 plan codes with 6 codes being expired.  The slide details the primary changes for this project.  There will be no changes to the P010 coding, the change only impacts Workday and the code on the P030 screen. The post conversion cleanup will be done centrally so at this time nothing needs to be done by agencies.  More communication will be coming out to assist with coding.

2)      OSPS Updates: Daphne is leaving the OSPS helpdesk and moving to ODFW where she has accepted a position as their new payroll manager.  We all will miss her greatly on the helpdesk.  We also discussed that the COVID timesheet codes were removed from benefit packages effective July 1.  Employees will no longer be able to use these codes starting with the July pay period.  We also provided the new check fees for the 21-23 biennium and they are included in the attached slides.

3)      PTTRP Update: We announced that there were 2 changes to payroll partner security; you can now see the history of current employees regardless of where they worked and payroll partners can enter W4 and direct deposits into Workday on behalf of employees. The entry on behalf of employees should be the exception and not the rule; employees should enter their own information through self-service whenever possible.  The team is also working on data conversion from OSPA to Workday and we are waiting for our first tenant build sometime later this summer or early fall.

Our next meeting is July 20th at 2pm.  The link to join or listen by phone is:

Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_NTUwMTg0YmUtNDQyNC00M2ZhLWE2ZjAtMDUzZmJkOGMyMDM5%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%22aa3f6932-fa7c-47b4-a0ce-a598cad161cf%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%22aa98f1a3-bffb-4bec-94b3-e5746171fb51%22%7d>
Or call in (audio only)
+1 503-446-4951,,542471261#<tel:+15034464951,,542471261#>   United States, Portland
Phone Conference ID: 542 471 261#
Find a local number<https://dialin.teams.microsoft.com/6695bda5-c841-4ea8-9531-d54eb9fd5334?id=542471261> | Reset PIN<https://mysettings.lync.com/pstnconferencing>
Learn More<https://aka.ms/JoinTeamsMeeting> | Meeting options<https://teams.microsoft.com/meetingOptions/?organizerId=aa98f1a3-bffb-4bec-94b3-e5746171fb51&tenantId=aa3f6932-fa7c-47b4-a0ce-a598cad161cf&threadId=19_meeting_NTUwMTg0YmUtNDQyNC00M2ZhLWE2ZjAtMDUzZmJkOGMyMDM5@thread.v2&messageId=0&language=en-US>

For questions about the payroll and time tracking replacement project please reach out to Workday.OSPS at oregon.gov<mailto:Workday.OSPS at oregon.gov>.  For questions on the current payroll system (OSPA) and ePayroll please contact the OSPS Helpdesk, OSPS.Help at oregon.gov<mailto:OSPS.Help at oregon.gov>.

Thank you,

Geri Greeno
DAS - Payroll & Time Tracking Replacement Project
Time Tracking Team Lead
(503) 983-6665
[PTT logo for email sig (2)]
[2C50B877]