OSPS E-News ~ Year End Reminders

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Mon Dec 12 08:20:15 PST 2022

Hello Payroll Professionals,

Now that November run 2 has closed here are some reminders for you:

*         You cannot reverse ACH deposits for any month except November.

*         Corrections for months prior to November must be summarized and entered into November only.  Use P190 to set the required corrective flag (This action will set November P010 dates automatically).

*         If a corrective flag is set for November, a manual check must be requested. This ensures wages are paid and recorded in the same tax year.

*         December terminations that include prior-month corrections will need to have the corrections entered in December (cannot set a corrective flag for November).

*         If you have a highly compensated employee who is separating (not a transfer) and you do a reversal of their November or December check, you will need to verify and possibly manually calculate their social security tax for the month (both payroll runs.)

*         If an employee is separating in December (except transfers),

               You must set December P010 dates.  If the termination has been fed to OSPA from Workday, payroll offices can set their own December P010 dates. If there is no December separation date in OPSA,  please see eNews titled "December Term Process"

               You cannot have a November correction for someone who is separating in December.  If you owe the employee money for a pay period prior to December 2022, you will need to make all entries in the December pay period.

Best Regards,

Vangie Barizo
System Analyst
Oregon Statewide Payroll Services