OSPS E-News ~ Agency Timekeeper (stand alone) role

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Wed Jul 6 11:08:14 PDT 2022

Good afternoon,

As we get closer to go-live with Workday payroll and time tracking, there has been discussion around employees who need to be assigned the agency timekeeper role in Workday. Those who are assigned this role should be employees whose job duties include entering time on behalf of other employees. Agency payroll techs will have two roles assigned to them: agency payroll partner and agency timekeeper.  Those security roles will be assigned at the top of their agency's supervisory organization, so you do not need to include their names in this list.

What we need from your agency is a list of agency timekeepers and where in the supervisory organization, within Workday, they should be assigned to. Please keep in mind that they will be able to view and enter time for employees of any subordinate organizations.  For example, an agency timekeeper assigned to Oregon State Hospital could not see all of Oregon Health Authority but it would be appropriate to see and enter time for employees of all subordinates under Oregon State Hospital.

The Agency Timekeeper role is not a role to be assigned to mangers or to employees who may review time for managers. Managers will be able to enter time for their staff as part of their manager security role, and we have created a reviewer role for employees who review time for managers.

If you have agency timekeepers other than payroll techs, please provide on the attached spreadsheet the employees' names, their OR numbers and the supervisory organization name, as stated in Workday, where they should be assigned to. If you do not have agency timekeepers other than payroll techs, you do not need to respond to this email.

Send your responses directly to me or if you have questions, please let me know. geri.l.greeno at das.oregon.gov<mailto:geri.l.greeno at das.oregon.gov>

Geri Greeno
DAS - Payroll & Time Tracking Replacement Project
Time Tracking Team Lead
(503) 983-6665
Project Website<https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Pages/Payroll-time-tracking.aspx>
Subscribe to our newsletter<https://public.govdelivery.com/accounts/ORDAS/subscriber/new?topic_id=ORDAS_102>