OSPS E-News ~ Overpayment correction process

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Thu Jan 19 17:08:16 PST 2023

Good afternoon,

In Workday Drive we uploaded the spreadsheet titled "Over and Under Payments List 1-19-23".  This spreadsheet  contains all the employees that DAS made an entry to offset an overpayment or add wages for underpayments.
The spreadsheet has the following tabs:

  1.  Instructions

  1.  Salary true up LWOP - overpayments

  1.  Salary true up new hires - overpayments

  1.  Salary true up - overpayments

  1.  Salary true up - underpayments

  1.  Retro work schedule change - overpayments

The "Instructions" tab provides detailed steps that DAS will take to offset any overpayment listed in this spreadsheet. The employee will receive payment for the gross overpayment amount as a result of this entry. The employee should discuss with the agency a repayment agreement for their gross overpayment amount.

As provided in the "Instructions" tab, if your agency does NOT want DAS to make this 'Miscellaneous - Retro Pay Correction (No PERS, No Taxes)' entry, please email us at osps.workday at oregon.gov, Subject line - "No overpayment correction" by 5 p.m. on Monday, January 23, 2023.

We will discuss this at 8:30 a.m. during the Payroll Standup meeting on January 20, 2023.

Workday Drive file path: Payroll Partner Resources > December 2022 > Over and Under Payments

Sincerely,

DAS Workday Payroll and Time Tracking Team

[PTT logo for email sig (2)]