OSPS E-News ~ Workday Payroll Updates

Announcements from OSPS to the users of the Oregon State Payroll Application osps-news at omls.oregon.gov
Tue Jun 27 13:10:27 PDT 2023

Good afternoon Payroll Professionals,

We want to communicate some updates in Workday Payroll that were tested by the Workday Payroll team and approved through the Emergency Change Advisory Board (eCAB) and moved into production on Friday, June 23, 2023. These changes were implemented prior to the June on cycle (run one) payroll run.

Below are the Workday Payroll configuration updates that were approved and implemented:

Union Dues Incoming for SEIU & AFSCME

*       Brief description of the change: The integration for SEIU and AFSCME Union uses the Manage Union Membership Web Service to update a worker to being dues paying/not dues paying. A bug was found when the union membership is updated, and the history for the union is removed. The change fixed this bug.

*       Impact of the change: This change ensures that file processes in the future will no longer remove the worker's union history while also saving the input files received by SEIU & AFSCME.

Paid Leave Oregon - Earning codes not included in taxable wages

*       Brief Description of the change: Earning codes noted below were not included in taxable wages for Paid Leave Oregon contribution calculations. The change implemented was to include the earning codes in the calculation as required by the Paid Leave Oregon rules.

o   Employee with Allowance - Work Out of Class Earning

o   Employee with Miscellaneous - Pre-retro process payment (Central Use Only) Earning

o   Employee with Per Diem - Military Firefighters Earning

o   Employee with Regular - Emergency Fire Fighting Crews Earning

*       Impact of the change: Communication was sent to the 1602 employees with "Work Out of Class" on their position that will see a change in their Paid Leave Oregon contribution as a result of this configuration update. The list of employees we sent communication to along with the communication sent is located on Workday Drive > Payroll Partner Resources > June 2023 > Work Out of Class.

Turn Around Pay (DOC only) - A separate message was sent to DOC's payroll manager

SACU Differentials (DHS only) - A separate message was sent to DHS' payroll manager

Hazardous Materials Differential (OSP Only) - A separate message was sent to OSP payroll manager

We appreciate your work and patience as we continue test and implement configuration changes through our Change Advisory Board process.

Sincerely,

DAS Workday Payroll and Time Tracking Team

Jason Robinson (he, him, his), CPA
OSPS Manager
DAS | Oregon Statewide Payroll Services
(971) 900-7688