[OYAN] Book Rave Nominations Round 2

AIMEE MEUCHEL AMEUCHEL at ci.tualatin.or.us
Sat Aug 27 15:39:04 PDT 2011

Hi Everyone,

I hope everyone is having/had a great weekend.  I, of course, am working.  Jealous?

Attached is the Book Rave nominations spreadsheet.  New recommendations are in red.  Titles in purple are sequels and thus not eligible for nomination.  If you feel a title has been erroneously labeled a sequel, please notify me and explain why you are right and I am wrong!  Previously suggested titles with a new nomination will get a red addition to the nominations number (always welcome as these might prompt others to give the book a try).  Also included are the month and year of publication, author's name, and the book's genre. There is also a "tags" field on the spreadsheet, in case a one word genre description just doesn't do it justice.

If you can't open up the attachment (which seems to be commonplace with those of you receiving this in the digest form), e-mail me and I can send you the file directly to your e-mail.  I will be on vacation from 8/29 through 9/6, so give me a few days to get it to you if you send me an email!

When nominating a book, please include the author, title, genre, and month and year of publication.   I can't stress this last part enough.  I spend an inordinate amount of time looking this stuff up.   For those of you who use it, Ingram can give you the month and day of publication. Librarything.com (or Librarything for Libraries if you are lucky enough to have it) is a great place to find genres and tags.

Book published until October 31st, 2011 days are eligible for the Book Rave.  Nov. 1, 2010 is the earliest publishing date to be considered.  Check those dates, people!

Send all nominations to ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us<mailto:ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us>.  The last day to nominate a title is December 1st.

Here's some official dates to remember:
*       Dec. 1: Nominations close.
*       Dec. 15: Preliminary voting opens.
*       Jan. 15: Preliminary voting closes.

Again, please send all nominations to ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us<mailto:ameuchel at ci.tualatin.or.us>.

Aimee Meuchel
Teen Services Librarian
City of Tualatin | Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062-7092
503-691-3083 | www.ci.tualatin.or.us<http://www.ci.tualatin.or.us>

DISCLAIMER: This email is a public record of the City of Tualatin and is subject to public disclosure unless exempt from disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law. This email is subject to the State Retention Schedule.