[OYAN] Book Rave: Final Round of Nominations

AIMEE MEUCHEL AMEUCHEL at ci.tualatin.or.us
Thu Dec 6 09:51:01 PST 2012

Hi Everyone,
This is the final week of nominations for Book Rave!  All nominations are due to me by 5pm on Saturday, December 1st (of course I won’t be in the office until 12:15 on December 3rd, so there is some room to squeak a few in).
Attached is the Book Rave nominations spreadsheet.  READ (some of) THESE BOOKS!  New recommendations are in red.  Also included are the month and year of publication, author’s name, and the book’s genre.  I feel that Froi of the Exiles is a sequel, but one intrepid OYANer disagrees.
If you can’t open up the attachment (which seems to be commonplace with those of you receiving this in the digest form), e-mail me and I can send you the file directly to your e-mail.  kris.lutsock at mcminnville.or.us<mailto:kris.lutsock at mcminnville.or.us>
I wanted to direct you all to all to the OYAN blog<http://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/>.  Synapses and covers of many of the nominated titles can be found here, along with other great content.  I uploaded a number yesterday.  I will continue adding titles when find time.  Feel free to leave comments and discuss the pros and cons of various nominated titles.  We are considering moving both the nominations listings and the online voting for the Book Rave exclusively to the blog, so it’s a great time to familiarize yourself with it.  If I cannot figure out how to make a poll on wordpress, I will use Survey Monkey as I did last year.  Here is the blog’s URL: http://oyanpeeps.wordpress.com/.

Here are some official dates to remember:
•               Dec. 15: Preliminary voting opens.
•               Jan. 15: Preliminary voting closes.

Aimee Meuchel
Teen Services Librarian
City of Tualatin | Tualatin Public Library
18878 SW Martinazzi Avenue, Tualatin, OR 97062-7092
503-691-3083 | www.ci.tualatin.or.us<http://www.ci.tualatin.or.us>