[OYAN] CSLP Teen art: ideas for improvement (respond by November 16)

Abbie Anderson aanderson at cclsd.org
Tue Nov 5 18:02:15 PST 2013

Dear OYANers:

CSLP leadership wants to respond in a meaningful way to the problems all
of us have had with the art that gets produced for Teen Summer Reading
by the chosen artist. Even when we contract with an artist whose work
normally excites us, somehow the committee process of feedback to the
artist has resulted in strange things like Neptune riding orcas, and
helicopters and swords and ???.

One of the ideas for a solution is to have an Upstart graphic artist do
the 2016 teen artwork (theme: Fitness). The process would be just like
the adult art. State reps would still see samples and be able to give
feedback. Depending on your thoughts, we could do one of two things for
the Annual Meeting:

a)The Upstart artist could be one choice of the solicited suggestions
for members to vote on once we have picked the slogan.

b)The Upstart artist could submit several potential directions to take
the theme and once the slogan is voted on, we could vote on which
direction seems more in line with the slogan.

c)  Something else?

Please let me know your thoughts by Sat. Nov. 16, including additional
options. In my roles as your CSLP liaison, I'll get that feedback to the
CSLP folks who are working to make things better for all of us.

Cheers,
Abbie

--
Abbie Anderson