[OYAN] Take 10 Seconds to Help YALSA Help You & Your Teens!

Susan Smallsreed susansm at multcolib.org
Sat Oct 11 16:30:54 PDT 2014

Hello OYAN,

I know a lot of you are also YALSA members, and you may have already
seen/done this, but a good thing bears repeating.  The latest issue of
YALSA Enews included this article/link.  Please take a minute to read the
proposal and, if you like it, 'applaud' it.  It seems like a good idea to
me!

Susan

-------------------------

*Take 10 Seconds to Help YALSA Help You & Your Teens!*
YALSA and our Future of Teens & Libraries Taskforce are participating in a
competitive grant challenge for libraries hosted by the Knight Foundation.
If funded, YALSA's project
<http://ala.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9b7f12a0545b1a14ef19a691&id=94317d75e0&e=9ZmRcdqdYO>
would help libraries improve their overall teen program by providing them
with free tools and resources to incorporate connected learning
<http://ala.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9b7f12a0545b1a14ef19a691&id=919097f755&e=9ZmRcdqdYO>
into their existing services.

In order for this to have a chance at getting funded, the proposal needs to
get a significant number of 'applauds' and comments.  We encourage you to
'applaud' the proposal
<http://ala.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9b7f12a0545b1a14ef19a691&id=017aa8a521&e=9ZmRcdqdYO>
and/or leave a comment, but also to take a moment to share this link
<http://ala.us1.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=b9b7f12a0545b1a14ef19a691&id=4e559d546f&e=9ZmRcdqdYO>
out with your library networks, advocates and colleagues and ask them to
leave a comment or give us some applause as well.  The post is open to
comments and applause until* Oct. 21st*, so timing is limited! Thank you in
advance for your support!

We'd also encourage you to support these other proposals from our awesome
partners:

   - Library Coding League
   <http://ala.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9b7f12a0545b1a14ef19a691&id=d8f58346fb&e=9ZmRcdqdYO>
   - Library Learning Channel