[PL-Directors] FW: Tax Forms for Public Libraries

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Sep 30 15:21:29 PDT 2009

Dear Directors:
I wanted to share this information that I received today from the Oregon
Department of Revenue. Perhaps not unexpectedly, because of the State's
budget problems, the DOR has decided to send NO tax forms to Oregon public
libraries in 2010. You can read the details below. I think this decision is
final, so the question going forward is how to implement it in best way
possible. I hope you will think about this and if you have some feedback
when we meet on Monday, I would like to hear it. I wanted to give you this
in advance of the meeting so you can be thinking about it and perhaps
sharing it with your staff to get their feedback.

I hope to see you on Monday. --> Jim

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.