[PL-Directors] Transforming Life After 50 Fellowship Opportunity

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Thu Jan 21 08:48:21 PST 2010

Dear Directors:

If you attended the last Public Library Directors meeting at the State
Library, you will remember the presentation from Abigail Elder about the
public libraries and the Boomer generation. In her presentation she
mentioned the IMLS Western Regional Fellowship, Transforming Life After 50,
that will give 100 librarians from California, Oregon, Washington, and Idaho
the opportunity to learn all about engaging boomers in your libraries, and
to put that learning to work.

The opportunity has arrived!  I hope you will read the attached announcement
and consider an application by you or one of your staff. The deadline for
applications is April 2, 2010. Fellows will be announced on June 1, 2010.
The Fellowship will run from July 1, 2010 to June 30, 2011.

I hope you will all consider this opportunity.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.