[PL-Directors] The FY2009-2010 Public Library Statistical survey is now open, Due Oct. 1, 2010

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Wed Jul 14 15:19:27 PDT 2010

Greetings all!

In accordance with ORS 357.520, the State Library is once again requesting your help with reporting library statistics for the 2009-10 fiscal year. Oregon law requires that every public library report annually to the State Library. The Statistical Report is due October 1, 2010.

We will be using Bibliostat Collect again for the Oregon Public Library Statistical Report.  You may have gotten a mailing already from the State Library.  Note that the URL for Bibliostat changed last year, and is http://collect.btol.com/.  I did not change library user names or passwords from last year, as I thought you all would appreciate the convenience.  If you do want to change your password, contact me.

The Frequently Asked Questions site, and more are available through the "Reporting Public Library Statistics" page via:  http://oregon.gov/OSL/LD/statsmain.shtml.  I'll be adding some of your questions from last time to the FAQ over the next week.

There are a couple of low-key new items.  Downloadable audio and video items now have their own questions.  Arising from Hurricane Katrina, a new set of questions asks weeks open per year at the branch and HQ level.  Many of the new items are being collected at the branch level - number of weeks open, number of hours open per year, and internet connection information.  The major thrust for this comes from state libraries and the Institute for Museum and Library Services.  IMLS has been working with other federal agencies to map public libraries with other data sets, and reflect data for national policy debates such as a new broadband initiative.

Whatever you do, pick up the phone and call for help early and often!  I can also do workshops or individual training sessions.  Don't hesitate; please call or email me at (503) 378-5027 or ann.reed at state.or.us.<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/pl-directors>  If there are problems with the functioning of the software, call Bibliostat directly at 1-866-785-9935.

If your library is unable to meet the October 1 deadline, a deadline extension must be requested from Library Development Services. The extension request sent to Library Development on or before September 26, 2010. If the extension is granted, we will set a new deadline to complete the statistical report.  Email or fax your extension request to Mary Mayberry (mary.l.mayberry at state.or.us). The fax number is 503-378-6439.

Call for help early and often!  503-378-5027

Yours,

Ann Reed

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Library Development Services