[PL-Directors] FW: NEWS RELEASE: Governor Orders Allotment Reductions to Balance 2009-2011 Budget

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Tue Jun 22 16:02:59 PDT 2010

Dear Directors:
Today Governor Kulongoski ordered the implementation of the General Fund reduction plans that were submitted to him earlier in the month. He only made one exception to the plans that were submitted, and that was for the Department of Corrections. You can read the details below.

This means that the plan that the State Library Board approved on June 11th has now been put in place. Our General Fund budget has been reduced by $156,780. Of that amount $40,793 was cut from the State Library’s operations budget. The remaining $115,987 will come out of the Ready to Read Grant program grants to public libraries. Grants, which will be made in December, will be reduced by 15% overall.

We are in the process of sending you the grant information packet that contains more detail. You should all receive it in the next week or so.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

[cid:3360067379_1731230]Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.