[PL-Directors] FY 2010-2011 Public Library Statistical Report now available at http://collect.btol.com

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Mon Aug 1 12:50:48 PDT 2011

Greetings all!

In accordance with ORS 357.520, the State Library is once again requesting your help with reporting library statistics for the 2010-11 fiscal year. Oregon law requires that every public library report annually to the State Library. The Statistical Report is due October 1, 2011.

We will be using Bibliostat Collect again for the Oregon Public Library Statistical Report.  You will be receiving a mailing from the State Library this week.  Note that the URL for Bibliostat is now http://collect.btol.com/, so be sure to update any bookmarks.  I did not change library user names or passwords from last year.  If you have your user name and password from last year, you can start on the survey now.  I've already heard from several libraries jockeying for first filer status!

The Frequently Asked Questions site, and more information are available through the "Reporting Public Library Statistics" page via:  http://oregon.gov/OSL/LD/statsmain.shtml.  I'll be adding some of your questions from last time to the FAQ this week.  Section 12 is the only new piece this year, but the good news is that it's for State Library use only and finally shows codes we use with the Federal Government.

I will be doing a head-to-toe survey walkthrough Wednesday August 17, from 10am-12pm at Chemeketa Community College, Building 9, room 112 for any that wish to come.

Whatever you do, pick up the phone and call for help early and often!

I can also do workshops or individual training sessions.  Don't hesitate; please call or email me at (503) 378-5027 or ann.reed at state.or.us.   If there are problems with the functioning of the software, call Bibliostat directly at 1-866-785-9935.

If your library is unable to meet the October 1 deadline, a deadline extension must be requested from Library Development Services. The extension request must be sent to Library Development on or before September 23, 2011. If the extension is granted, we will set a new deadline to complete the statistical report.  The extension request may be submitted to Library Development Services via email to Ferol Weyand at ferol.weyand at state.or.us<mailto:ferol.weyand at state.or.us> or via fax at 503-378-6439.

Call for help early and often!  503-378-5027

Yours,

Ann Reed

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator

Library Development Services