[PL-Directors] FW: ODLC/Library2Go accepting applications for membership

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Fri Feb 18 11:15:29 PST 2011

Hello Directors:

I wanted to pass this on as an FYI in case you've been thinking about providing the Library2Go service to your patrons: this year's application deadline is March 1. Please follow-up directly with Carrie Ottow if you have any questions or concerns (see below).

Cheers,
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>

 Ask me about Plinkit! http://www.plinkit.org/ http://oregon.plinkit.org<http://oregon.plinkit.org/>

I am resending this as a reminder that the deadline for applying for membership to ODLC is March 1st.  Please also note that the procedures for joining (linked below) have been revised with a new fee schedule.   The vendor is no longer charging the $1500 joining fee.

-Carrie

The Oregon Digital Library Consortium (ODLC) is now accepting applications for public library membership for fiscal year 2011-12 (July 2011-June 2012). ODLC is a group of public libraries that contract for downloadable library materials for our patrons.  Our Library2Go (http://library2go.lib.overdrive.com) collection, purchased through Overdrive, includes thousands of ebooks, audiobooks and videos for adults and children.

We are organized with bylaws, a governing board, and committee chairs who's many hands make light work for all. Annual maintenance fees for membership in ODLC are based on population served, require a $1,500 start up fee and may require SIP license fees. Groups of libraries sharing the same server can be added under one fee.

If your public library is interested in joining the consortium, please see the  "Procedures for Joining ODLC As of July 1, 2011,"  fill out a preliminary application form, and return it to me by March 1, 2011.  The procedures and application are posted on the ODLC web page: https://sites.google.com/site/odlccommittee/shared-documents

Carrie Ottow
Chair, Oregon Digital Library Consortium
Corvallis Public Library
645 NW Monroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97330