[PL-Directors] Oregon Digital Newspaper Program seeks nominations for titles to digitize from small or rural communities

Ann Reed ann.reed at state.or.us
Wed Aug 28 12:23:45 PDT 2013

Posted on behalf of ODNP

The Oregon Digital Newspaper Program (ODNP) has received a National Digital Newspaper Program (NDNP) grant from Library of Congress and NEH to digitize more historic Oregon newspaper content over the next two years. As part of the process for selecting which newspaper titles we will digitize, we are requesting nominations from public libraries for titles published in small or rural communities before 1923 that are not yet represented on the Historic Oregon Newspapers website (http://oregonnews.uoregon.edu/). If you would like to nominate a title from your area, please respond off list to srabun at uoregon.edu<mailto:srabun at uoregon.edu> and provide newspaper title information (place of publication, title, publication dates, OCLC or LCCN, etc.) as well as why you would like to see the title digitized.

Nominations will be reviewed and considered by the ODNP Advisory Board, where a final decision will be made.

Many thanks!

Best,

Sheila Rabun
Project Coordinator, Oregon Digital Newspaper Program
University of Oregon Libraries
(541) 346-1859

Ann Reed, Federal Programs Coordinator
Oregon State Library