[PL-Directors] Edge Initiative: benchmark feedback needed

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Wed Jan 2 13:31:39 PST 2013

Greetings everyone and Happy New Year!

Below is a message about the Edge Initiative (a collaborative effort to create benchmarks for public access technology); this month they're asking for feedback regarding having sufficient devices and bandwidth to accommodate user demand. Please read below and also note the webinar that will be hosted about this topic.

Your input matters so please take a few moments to answer the 2-question survey, thanks!

Cheers,
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>

 Ask me about Plinkit! http://www.plinkit.org/ http://oregon.plinkit.org<http://oregon.plinkit.org/>
________________________________
From: Sarah Washburn [Sarah at TECHSOUPGLOBAL.ORG]
Subject: Edge Initiative: benchmark feedback needed

Hi everyone,

It’s that time again to share your thoughts and experiences.

You’ve likely heard about the Edge Initiative<http://www.libraryedge.org/>, a collaborative effort to create benchmarks for public access technology, where benchmarks and resources combine to help libraries of all sizes drive investment and spark continuous improvement toward technology services. TechSoup is part of the effort, and we’re asking libraries to help us create resources that work for everyone.

To do that, we need your thoughts on how the benchmarks might work in your library. Each month we’re posting a 2-question survey to capture your thoughts. It’s very important that libraries rural and small libraries have a big voice in this project. Please take a moment to let us know what you think about one benchmark: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/HLMG9LC (And register to win a prize!)

We’re also holding a webinar on the topic of this benchmark in January:

Broadband Basics for Libraries
January 15, 11:00 am PST
Learn more and register: http://www.techsoupforlibraries.org/events/broadband-basics-for-public-libraries

Thanks much for your thoughts, and happy holidays!
-Sarah