[PL-Directors] The Future of Plinkit in Oregon

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Wed Oct 30 15:46:29 PDT 2013

Dear Public Library Directors and Plinkit Libraries,

As you have read in the Reorganization Report emailed earlier today, the legislature has recommended the discontinuation of Plinkit. First and foremost, please know that nothing is going to change in the near future. The State Library will continue to make Plinkit available and continue to provide technical support.

The state library knows that having a web site is an invaluable resource for libraries and their patrons. As this was not entirely unexpected, we are currently in the process of investigating alternatives for web site hosting and developing a transition plan that will help ensure that libraries continue to have intuitive, dynamic web sites that are affordable and easy to maintain.

Once we have more information, we will communicate it to everyone currently using Plinkit. In the meantime, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly (darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> or 503-378-2527) and I will be happy to get back to you.

Cheers,
Darci
Darci Hanning * Technology Development Consultant * Library Development Services
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR  97301
503-378-2527 darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us>