[PL-Directors] I misspoke about Plinkit at the Public Library directors meeting last week

MaryKay Dahlgreen marykay.dahlgreen at state.or.us
Thu Oct 16 12:56:16 PDT 2014

I believe it was Leah who asked about when Plinkit would be going away and I said two years. That is not accurate and this is what is really happening:

The State Library will no longer be hosting Plinkit sites after June 30, 2015. We are in the final stages of compiling a list of alternatives, both free and low-cost options to assist libraries in transitioning to new web sites. We hope to share these options soon. We are also investigating the feasibility of funding (wholly or in part) a low-cost option for eligible libraries for up to the first 12 months after Plinkit is no longer available.

In the next few weeks, Darci Hanning will be sending out a survey link to library directors who are using Plinkit for their web site. It will be very important to respond to the survey if you receive it and even if you no longer are using Plinkit. This will help us size and budget for the transition process.

If you have any questions, please contact Darci Hanning (darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> ) directly and she will be happy to respond.

MaryKay Dahlgreen
Oregon State Librarian
503-378-4367